This is a pointless post of pointlessness!
Gosh, I really know how to sell something don’t I? 😉
If you’re inclined to read on this post is all about…
Well… sort of.
We are now entering the ‘ber months which are my most favourite months! While I like summer and really love spring, there’s something about the ‘bers which get my little heart going.
I’m talking comfy sweaters, wool hats, winter boots and thick tights, the smell of bonfires, hot chocolates, red leaves, Halloween, fireworks and most of all…
Something else that fits the ‘bers is my little black cuddle cat who is an October fur-baby. While I emphatically deny she is a witch’s familiar she does seem to fit the profile. Here she is in all her ferociousness…
She hates it when I touch her little fluffy tum-tum but I won’t stop doing it!
Anyway… less about my cat and more about the point of this blog post.
When I think of my favourite ‘ber months I also tend to think more upon my favourite hobbies; reading and writing. And now I can include blogging about reading as a hobby!
This post is not going to be a breakdown of what I’ve got scheduled over the next few months because I can tell you now… I have no ruddy clue! If you haven’t guessed already most of my posts are a ‘fly by the seat of my pants’ kind of deal.
Instead I’m going to outline what I hope to do. I’d like to say this is to entice in you but… it’s more for the purposes of acting as a kick up my own arse. Ahem.
November will be a non-blog month on account of my honeymoon but we’ll see how I get on with all the rest!
- Each month I’ll post my monthly TBR’s which continue to list my hope and dreams. Right I’ll tone that down a tad. Each month I’ll post my monthly TBR’s which continue to record my failures. I mean… each month I’ll post my monthly reading goals. I’m not prone to dramatics. Shuddup.
- I finally signed up to ! As a new book blogger I didn’t actually have the foggiest what this was, what it did or why so many spoke about it. Then I got a clue, wrote my profile and requested some ARCs. Then I got approved for some ARCs. Then I did a dance!
- Marina @ Books of Magic is like my tour guide through the world of books and book-blogging! She was the person to tell me about NetGalley and all sorts of tricks of the WordPress trade and now she’s gone and introduced me to !
- Usually for November I participate in but on account of my honeymoon I will sadly have to give this a miss for 2018! I say sadly but my honeymoon is looking pretty epic. I could try and take part but in complete honesty I want to enjoy my month in New Zealand!
- A couple of months ago I added a ‘Writerly’ page to my blog. I still aim to do something with it but still need to get my head round what that is! Let’s see if the cozy winter nights kick an extra brain cell into gear.
- Yeah, I’m that typical writer wannabe and I’m working on a novel. So there’s that.
- I’m going to continue on with the features that I currently post on a routine basis – Top 5 Wednesday’s (which aren’t always on a Wednesday), book edit’s and the monthly Book Theme but I’m hoping to introduce a feature on Friday Fairy Tale (thank you Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky for your encouragement!)! On that note – I will also take any suggestions for any book edit’s you want to see. I’m not the best at them but only practice can help.
- I want to get better at streamlining my posts (she says, on a trillion word post) and feel like I would benefit by writing more of my posts in advance. That shouldn’t impact anything on the blog, it just means I might be organised with my blogging!
- I also really enjoy other blog’s features where they highlight their favourite blog posts of others for the week as I think it’s a wonderful way to bring out the social side of blogging and encourages people to find new content. I really want to interact with more people as that was my aim of blogging so I want to check out a lot more blogs!
I can’t help myself. I just can’t.
I’m not a huge TV watcher, simply because of a lack of time but when I do I go hard.
I have binge-watched both Alias Grace and the 2004 North and South BBC miniseries this weekend and now GBBO is back on Tuesday’s and Strictly is on tonight and help me… I always end up believing I can dance a salsa and bake a three-tier show-stopper with a chocolate collar and neither of those things are true.
So there ya go, my autumn/winter plans! Will I stick to them? Only time will tell!