I was tagged by Tiffany aka TPSquared at That New Book Smell to do this award! Thank you so much Tiffany! I know it takes me an age to do these but I always get round to them in the end and I’m so pleased that you’ve tagged me in it!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
Here are the questions!
It’s strange because out of everything that I’ve read as a child and love; anything by Roald Dahl, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan etc. everything keeps coming back to this one. It’s strange because objectively I’m not massively in love with the story but there is something about it that makes me think of it every time I’m asked this question. I think it might be something to do with sensory memories!
Tiffany, why do you have to call me out like this? 😉
It’s not actually too bad… 116. *Sweats nervously*
If I read a book a week (which is the goal) I should be done with this current TBR by the end of 2020, maybe even the beginning of 2021. As long as I add nothing else on.
Repeats to self – add nothing else on…
I don’t know the answer to this question.
If I knew I would tell you.
Look, for your information… yes there’s one thing, the one thing that still holds true
That’s the look, that’s the look… the look of love…
Ahem. Sorry. I got carried away.
I genuinely don’t know because I’ve never really given it much thought. I always thought it was a lot but now that I’m keeping track via Goodreads I can see that it’s not as much as I would like.
My goal for 2018 is to read 52 books (one per week) and I’m currently 3 books behind schedule at 29. I feel Goodreads actively judging me whenever I log in. This is actually how I feel around NaNoWriMo when I log in and see my little writing count not meeting the line.
I’m going to share with you a picture of me on the best holiday that I’ve had so far.
This was me back in 2012 on Maui, Hawaii. It was taken on the first few days of our holiday which is why I’m not sunburned yet.
That holiday was amazing in terms of everything and somehow managed to be both stimulating and busy in terms of things to do/ see but also really relaxing.
I loved Hawaii!
Ooh I struggle with these questions as I really can never remember everything that I’ve read.
I’ve cheated and have looked at what’s on my Goodreads. It doesn’t mean that this is the worst book I’ve ever read but it just means that it’s one I’ve recently rated as one star.
It’s no secret that me and this one just didn’t find harmony together….
If you want, you can read my review on it here.
A what now? No. I’m just lucky I can work out how to use WordPress.
I think many people would hate me for it. I think many people would be surprised at how much it sticks with them. I always say that this is the one book that has stuck with me the most in terms of how much I felt it impact me and how much it made me think.
I’m not a huge re-reader but that’s because I have 116 books on my TBR and as I’m going to be here until 2021 tackling that I don’t think I should be re-reading anything!
That being said… I do have a tendency to re-read American Gods by Neil Gaiman but only because I’m trying to work out all the gods and pick up on all the references.
I did a Top 5 Wednesday on favourites I’d like to revisit here if you wanted to know more! I’m just pinging back left, right and centre today!
This just blew me out of the water. Seriously. I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did but for me this was just amazing in terms of the writing, the themes, the characters, the world that Star inhabited and Star’s voice was just spot on.
Again, I’m pinging you to my review of it (here) if you want to check it out. I loved this book very much.
Egads. This is such a tricky one.
I have no clue. Seriously. Every time I think of a book it’s either already a movie or they are making it into one!
I guess I’d be intrigued to see whether they could make this into a movie… I think if they could and did it successfully then we would be looking at such a visual treat.
If I told you than people would know…
*Fades into the shadows like a woman of mystery*
- Which villain in a book are you most like and why?
- What is the worst adaptation of a book (either TV or movie) that you have seen?
- You get to pick a book mum to be your mum for the day – who do you pick? Why?
- You’re a guest at a fictional wedding. What wedding are you attending? Bonus question: what gift (if any) do you bring?
- Pick a song that sums your mood/ life right at the moment.
- Two roads diverge in a yellow wood. You take one. What does it look like and where does it take you?
- A witch has given you a potion, this potion will give you something you want but at the exchange of something of equal value. What do you want and what will you give up?
- Do you have a best time to write and post your blog posts?
- You roll over in bed one morning and there is a fictional character sharing your pillow! Who is it?
- You get to spend a week in a fictional place. Where do you go and what do you do?
- Go to your TBR and select book number 11. What is it?
I never tag the full number because I am A Loser so instead I will tag 5 people!
Marina @ Books of Magic
Sara @ The Bibliophagist
Abigail @ Abigail’s Tales
Bibi @ Bibi’s Book Blog
If you want to be tagged in stuff (or don’t want to be tagged in stuff) then please let me know!